Tuesday 3 September 2024

Public Service Announcement: GMT has a sale! (and a Replacement Counter reminder)

 



In case you've been living under a rock, the GMT Fall Sale began last night, Adelaide time. All the salient details can be found here, but the upshot is, anyone can order an in-stock game (except for the most recent releases - Next War: Iran and the second edition France '40 reprint) for half the sticker price. 

This is not a small thing; if you want a copy of A Time for Trumpets (GMT Games, 2020), it'll cost you US$74.50 instead of US$149.00, then if you're in Australia like me, it'll be another US$53.00 for postage, but that's still a net saving (and a lot less than a copy will cost you on-shore, assuming you can find one for sale.

But it gets better. If you've ordered and received a P500 game over the last year, you can get another in-stock game for half price, and probably still only pay the $53.00 for shipping. That's $26.50 shipping EACH! In fact, for every P500 order you've received in the last year or so (43 products in all - there's a list of eligible games in the article linked above) you can order an in-stock game for 50% off - or, if you're like me, until the money runs out. I got my order in early, and I'll probably do a quick photo-op of everything when it arrives.

The sale closes on the 9th of September at 11:59pm Pacific Time on the (around 5:00pm on the 10th, Eastern Standard Time), so you have the rest of the week to think about it. Also, I'd point out that if you ordered the 2023 Replacement Counter Sheet on preorder, THAT COUNTS! That purchase will get you another 50% off game. Think seriously. Or wait until next year's sale.


While I'm on the subject, a few months ago, I posted an earlier Public Service Announcement that if anyone needed replacement counters for just one or two games form the 2023 Replacement Counter Sheet, I might be able to help. I bought the sheet because I wanted counters for five or six of the fourteen (I think) games it covered, and I said I'd be happy to mail the extra counters to someone who needs them, anywhere in the world. I just can't bring myself to simply throw them out. 

One person took me up on  this offer (you're welcome). Well, I happen to have come into possession of ANOTHER COMPLETE replacement counter sheet, shuffled in with the copious counter sheets of another game I recently acquired on eBay. So the offer still stands; if you need some counters for one or more of the games the 2023 sheet covers, reach out to me through the chat (or you can find me on Facebook), let ma know what you need, and I will happily, joyfully send you the counters. 

This is my way to give back to the community, so if you need some counters for a game you love but should be better, don't be afraid to ask. And get something in the GMT sale!




No comments:

Post a Comment

2024 Q3 Report: Three steps forward, two steps back

      The reactions of everyone at the table when I pull off some ill-advised stunt that should never have worked. October snuck up on me,...