Sunday, 23 August 2026

Blog Note: a recent arrival

  




I’ve been a little quiet on A Fast Game of late due to a combination of circumstances; my wife’s aunt and uncle are over from England at the moment, visiting, and I’ve been working on a longer piece that’s soaking up most of my remaining free time. But I wanted to go on record with a thank you to BonSai GamesYasushi Nakaguro for a copy of the latest issue of that publisher’s latest house magazine, Bansai 30. Each copy of Bansai comes with a complete game (complete as in rulebook, map (or maps), charts and tables, and very nice counters – no dice, of course), and issue 30 is no exception, with Andrea Brusati’s Operazione C3 (Aleph Game Studio, 2024), first featured in Italian wargame magazine, Parabellum (first published by Acies Edizioni and Europa Simulazioni, and since 2022 by Aleph Game Studio). Now I just need to find an English-language copy of the rules and charts.

Along with the game and a host of articles and reviews (all in Japanese, of course), the interview with Brian Train (translated by Mr Nakaguro) as featured in A Fast Game back in April of this year. I’m honoured and quite chuffed that somebody thinks anything that makes it to A Fast Game is worth introducing to a wider audience, and this marks the second time something from the blog has made it into Bansai (you can read about the other time here).

I’d also like to offer an apology for the drop in posting frequency of late. I am making efforts to turn this around, though this will probably be restricted to unboxings and the odd blog note for another few weeks at least. Please bear with me, and check in often.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Note: a recent arrival

   I’ve been a little quiet on A Fast Game of late due to a combination of circumstances; my wife’s aunt and uncle are over from England at ...